October 13, 2008

Kneeling on rice

Last night we had a discussion about punishments for a crime in the home. We brought up one punishment Nathaniel's parents used... kneeling on wheat with Bible's in the hand. The boys thought this was a great idea and wanted to try it. Since I didn't have any wheat around, we had them kneel on rice while holding 4 lb weights up to the side. They couldn't kneel on their heels and the timer would be reset if they lowered their arms or tried to sit back down. Ethan was okay for the first 3 minutes and then cried. He thought this was a horrible punishment. Isaac was acting tough and brave for about 4 minutes. He would look at me with a look that said, "I'm being tough, but this hurts". He finally said he was done. We also took the time to also parallel the pain they felt and compare it to what Christ went through on the cross. But let me tell you, anytime we ask the boys to do something, Ethan looks at Isaac and says that they better do what we ask or they will have to kneel on rice.

1 comment:

Butterfields said...

Are you kidding me... I am glad I never had to be punished at you house, I guess I was better at not getting caught... hehehe ( I would never had done anything to make aunt nelly mad ) I never knew that thanks Sarah for telling that story, I learn more everyday... love you guys hope you are all doing well.

Love
Danelle