February 14, 2011

don't cry over spilled... paint

I have been painting the boys bunk beds up in our room becasue of the cold weather. Grace had tipped the can over and paint came pouring out onto our white carpet. I didn't have my carpet cleaner with me. Even if I did, it wasn't going to be strong enough.


Doesn't this look seriously bad?!!!

I had to think and act quick as to how I was going to fix my problem. Pouring water over the mess and using towels didn't seem right. I decided to handle this in a professional manner and rip the carpet piece out. I took it to my shower and let it soak. Hopefully removing the paint in the bottom fibers.

I took the carpet into my shower and scrubbed it with Pantene *hair shampoo*

See, it didn't turn out too shabby. I need to get carpet tape and stretch the sides closer.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe you cut the carpet...never would have even considered it!!