July 23, 2010

My little girl

If Grace could talk she would keep asking when her blessing was going to happen, how much longer and who's going to be there. She would have tried on her dress several times twirling around in circles. She would ask if she could wear a little make-up and I would have to tell her no. She would ask if instead of a headband if she could wear a tiara. We would fight about which shoes she will be wearing. I win and she will be wearing little tenie shoes with pink ribbon for laces. She would ask for her finger nails to be polished and that she needs a special bracelet too (good thing Mema already thought of that). Again, she would be in her dress in front of the mirror dancing side to side. She would talk about how she will be riding in a beautiful carriage to church because of course, it is her special day. With a sparkle in her eye and a smile, she would tell me how perfect she wanted to look for her many future eligible suitors. I would have to disappoint her when I explain that the blessing will be at home. We would fight about which shoes she will be wearing. I win and she will be wearing little tenie shoes with pink ribbon for laces.

She would wake up with a glow and a big smile knowing that it is her blessing day. She would say how excited she is to be in our family... if Grace could talk.

No comments: