April 27, 2011

Boy talk

My boys are not talkers. Ask them any question and it's usually answered in one word. As I put them to bed, I will lay next to them, taking turns with each boy. Amazingly enough, they have a million things to discuss. The other night I was laying next to Ethan and it's quiet. My cute Ethan asks me if I was a sniper, what 2 weapons would I choose, what suit would I wear and what vehicle do I want. I said a grenade to which he asked what kind. THERE'S A KIND? I just wanted one that blew stuff up.

There is a lot of controversy over shooting games. My boys play them. Several months ago, I thought about the need of getting to know my kids and the things that they enjoy. I made them a deal. If I played their game, they had to play Tetris.... maybe the excuse to trap someone to play Tetris with me is why it all started, but it turned out to be a great time. Ethan and Isaac thought it was hilarious that Isaac's guy was standing behind me and I couldn't shoot him. Heck, I couldn't find him. I have horrible hand-eye coordination. I also accidently helped my guy with an assisted suicide. Trying to figure out what each button and control did was nuts. I had a great time and I'm sure they did too since they tell their friends how funny it was at how bad I am. AND, after playing the game, it's not as bad as people think. It's definately not bad when I can't even shoot a bad guy!

No comments: