May 10, 2011

Mini stories

Leo is obsessed with Toy Story. His favorite is Buzz Lightyear. He likes to pretend to be Buzz and then names the rest of us. I am Woody, Nathaniel is Mr. Potato Head, Ethan is Rex, Isaac is Hamm and Grace gets to be Jessie.

Occasionally I will ask Leo to put his dishes away. He is always happy to do as I ask. But something hit a switch on him and now he has excuses as to why he can't. He couldn't put his dishes away because his hands are small. He couldn't get his blanket because it's heavy.

I was on the computer one night while the kids were in bed. Leo found me in the office. I told him to get into bed three times. Finally he hit the charm switch and rubbed his cute little cheek against my arm and said "Miss you mom".

Leo misses everyone. Nathaniel will leave for work and Leo will say he misses daddy. Misses cousins. Misses papa and mema. Misses brothers when I drop them off at school.

Leo is my OCD child. He likes his hands clean. He will NOT step in puddles of water. He doesn't want to get his pants wet. He uses a napkin.

Isaac is very laid back. He can clean and enjoys cleaning. However... HOWEVER, he will get something out of a drawer and leave it open. Clothes on the floor. He will put his shoes on the wrong feet. I told him one morning they were on the wrong feet and to switch them before school. He didn't and went the entire day with his shoes on the wrong feet. He use to wear his underwear backwards for the longest time.

Grace took 16 steps today. When she gets mad, she puts her head to the floor and cries. Today I was feeding her oatmeal and she took 2 bites from me. The following she would turn her head and cry. She wanted to feed herself. I gave her the bowl and spoon and my almost 1 year old put the spoon in the bowl and fed herself. She did well and then got side tracked. Finally, she went at it with her hands. She has fine motor skills. She picks up cereal with her pointer and thumb. She was never into baby food. She wanted grown up food. She is independent and loves being the center of attention. She will raise her chin, squint and SMILE showing all her teeth.

Ethan is growing fast and is becoming smarter than me everyday he goes to school. He also thinks he's stronger. He tried to take me down. When he came at me, I swung my leg behind to sweep his legs underneath. I hurt him. I haven't tried again, but we fight over who's stronger. I'm scared!! For family night, we played Scrabble. Ethan put down 'gale'. Nathaniel asked him if he knew what he was putting down. Ethan told Nathaniel what it is. I didn't know. I had to look the word up. I'm scared!

One night I over heard Ethan talking to Isaac about college. He explained to Isaac that he is going to try hard in school so that he can get a scholarship to college. College is expensive and he doesn't want to make his parents pay for it.

2 comments:

arizonamama said...

Oh, so sweet. You've inspired me to write sweet little stories about my children so they can have them when they have grown. I love the college story. What a sweetheart. If it doesn't work out with Cole, Cora might want to look up Ethan... :)

Shearmommie said...

I miss you guys, they are getting so big:( xoxoxo