May 17, 2011

a couple more stories...

It's important to me to log stories about my kids. I have the worst memory (NO! really) remembering. So don't mind if I do, but I have to continually post stories.

It was 'Take Your Kid to Work' day. Nathaniel hadn't heard anything about it, so I googled. With visions of xbox'ing and having fun, Isaac asked if they could stay home with me because home is my work. I told them that would be fine. BUT!!  They were to help me with the things that I needed to do. Ethan decided going to school would be much more fun (I taught him well, thank you!). Isaac was up for the challenge. He was great! We did laundry, dishes, cleaning up, blah, blah. It was time for lunch and Isaac was in the middle of empting the dishwasher. I had made his lunch, but told him that he had to put away a few more dishes before he could eat (That's what I would do.) As I sat down to eat and Isaac had taken a couple of bites, I told him time was up and that he had to continue eatting lunch while he finished empting the dishwasher. He got up and did it. My goal was for Isaac to appreciate a homemaker. Appreciate mom and later his wife. I know I will have to teach him again when he's older and forgets, but I'm hoping that he learned a little.

Isaac's first name is Jonathan, for those that don't know. His grandpa's (my dad) first name is Jonathan and I have a brother Jonathan. My dad and brother are Isaac's namesakes. Since Isaac shares the name with them, he see's them as an example. One night we went to Cold Stone's. Isaac asked what my dad was getting and decided he wanted the same thing. Later in the van, Isaac asked if my brother liked ice cream. He is very much wanting to know what my dad's and brothers likes/dislikes, opinions... how ever they can influence him.

I had polished one foot of Grace's and decided to let it dry before I went on to the foot. Some time had passed and I was in the little lady's room. When I came out, Ethan was holding Grace while Isaac polished Grace's other foot.

Ethan had his board review for his Tenderfoot. On Sunday, the Primary President pulled Nathaniel and told him that she was impressed how Ethan carried himself during the review. He looked her in the eyes and did what was asked.

One Sunday, a mother (of a daughter in Ethan's Primary class) told me that all the girls have crushes on Ethan. Her daughter said that he's smart, he always knows the answers and read the scriptures well. She said that Ethan is cute and spiritual... he's the whole package. Ethan isn't into girls right now. He's a pretty confident kid, but I don't think cocky. He does enjoy the attention and so far keeps them all as friends.

To show off, Grace will touch the floor with her hands and be on her tippy toes. She will do it several times. It's a crack up.

1 comment:

Shearmommie said...

Jordyn will be so mad that there is "COMPETITION"!! :)