February 2, 2009

We're family...

Isaac has this huge plastic jar with Airsoft pellets. It holds 15,000 pellets. Isaac didn't check the top before he picked it up and you guessed it -- all 15,000 pellets fell on the floor. I had asked Ethan to help Isaac pick them up. Ethan's reply was that he couldn't because it's too hard.

Last week I asked Ethan to come downstairs to help me with laundry. I think it's important for my boys to know what I do from beginning to end and to help out, that includes starting the washing machine to putting laundry away. Well, Ethan looked at the laundry and started complaining. It's not like it was hard, I had all the clothes folded. I just needed help sorting and hanging up shirts. While I was getting started, I had asked Ethan to run the kitchen towels upstairs and put them away. I had expected Ethan to be right down, but 5 minutes later I was yelling his name to get back downstairs. I asked him what he was doing. He responded that he was drinking his soda.
Seriously, someone slap me!
I looked at him and told him that I don't like doing laundry, that I actually hated it. I hate doing dishes too. I explained that I don't like doing any of the household chores (shhh! I do get some satisfaction out of it... but that's not the point). I told him I do it because I love him and my family and that I like them to have clean clothes and clean dishes.

I feel like I constantly have to repeat myself. I think my new phrase is going to be 'DANG IT, we're family and that's just what we do'!!

1 comment:

arizonamama said...

I think you're such a great mom. Your daughter-in-laws are going to kiss the ground you walk on for raising their husbands to appreciate housework. Go girl!