January 14, 2010

Resolutions

For the past 10 years I have hated the whole New Year's Resolutions. Aren't they usually the same for everyone from the past many years? It's such a cliche and I would jokingly say that I'm perfect with nothing to fix... I know I'm not perfect. But why do I need to do it at the beginning of the year? I find that I repair myself throughout the year.

However, this year it really hit me that I need to teach my kids about doing better, striving for more. Maybe just to be goal-oriented. For Family Home Evening I gave them my little shpill about finding the things that we could work on. I told the boys my goals and then asked them to each think of 2 things they could work on. So far, I'm doing well on one of my goals. But then, we are only 2 weeks into the year. 50 more weeks to go.

1 comment:

Woodstock Family said...

Way to go on setting goals and being the good example for your family! I kind of feel the same way you do about setting goals, but it's always good to try to better yourself, and what better time to think of that than at the beginning of a new year. By the way, congratulations on the bun in the oven. I'm so excited for you. You're an amazing mother and I have no hesitation saying you'll do great with 4 kids!