October 29, 2010

Moments

Sometimes I wish I could take sweet moments, wrap them up and put them in my pocket. (and with my luck, it would go through the washer, not work, need batteries and come to find out it has to be replaced).

I get choked up watching my little girl wide-eyed and smiling. Arms. Legs. Her entire body wiggling with so much joy. I try to hold on to that moment for as long as I can knowing that one day, she will grow up.

I have the worst memory. Simple moments like Grace so excited because I'm talking to her are amazing. In the morning I can hear her awake, fiddling in her crib. As I peak over, she notices me. Smiles this huge smile and then her entire body goes into excitement, waiting to be picked up.

Leo does this new thing that he rubs his cheek against mine. Kind of like someone would with a blanket. It's so cute. I love that little moment that he and I share.

I love that Ethan and Isaac still love me to do 'Snug as a bug' every night as I tuck them in. It's become our nightly ritual for the past 7 years. If my mom or Mary watches them, they still want that ritual. They still hug and kiss me good night. Even before they go off to school, I get a hug and kiss from both of them. Isaac does forget. But not Ethan! I always get a hug and kiss.

I absolutely love being a mother. A mother to my children. Even though they can be like normal children (bratty) I know without a doubt that they love me. They grow up all too fast. There have been nights that after I put them to bed that I go back into their rooms and just hold them. I tell them how much I love them and appreciate them.

I wish I could capture such amazing, indescribable moments with my children.

No comments: