July 28, 2008

Time with Mom

Yesterday in Relief Society, the lesson was on Elder Oaks' talk from conference, Good, Better, Best. During the lesson I thought about a conversation I had with my mom. Being a mother is full of guilt. You either are doing too much and not teaching or not doing enough. My mom feels guilty for working and not spending enough time with us kids growing up. I thought about how my mom drove me to school every day my 9th grade year so that I could be Student Body President. My mom also would drive Jonathan to school so that he could attend Mesa High. Driving us to school and out of her way may seem like a waste of time to many, but to my mom it was precious time that she had to spend with us. We were always important to her and although she may feel guilty for working, she always made her kids her number 1 priority. We even got to go to work and learn to clean... the right way. If you ask me, I don't think there's anything my mom should feel guilty for. She always gave her all.... plus I know she loved me the mostest :).

No comments: