August 22, 2008

What's up Doc...

Ethan has grown out of his church shoes and complaining that he needed new ones. I hate spending money on things I know the boys will grow out of next week... so off to the DI. I was really excited when I found a pair of dress shoes that were Doc Martens... in Ethan's size. Here was our conversation:

Me: Ethan, look at these great shoes. And they are Doc Martens... (for $5)
Ethan: No.
Me: What?! Why?
Ethan: They don't look cool.
Me: (GASP)
Me: Ethan, these are the best shoes around. They are very popular and they are quality shoes. Too bad. You are getting them anyways.

He wore them and complained once or maybe twice because they were "too big". I had to explain to him that as he's growing, that we buy shoes with at least a thumb space.

I hope that I'm not like my mom... "I think you look cool even if you don't think so". I have a picture of me wearing lavender pants with colored squares shirt and my hair was a short, tight perm. I cringe every time I look at the picture... Now I have to go find it so that I can share it.

2 comments:

Harmoni said...

I LOVE THE D.I.. Just wanted to throw that out there. Um I feel your pain.. Parker grew an inch 1/2from june until yesterday when we measured him.. He is also now wearing a men's 6 1/2 shoe..WHat the heck is all I have to say. Ethan has just begun. Enjoy the fun..
Love ya
Harm

arizonamama said...

I love the description. I can totally picture you. You've got to post the picture!