March 6, 2009

I will go, I will do...

I was reading a post my dad made to my brother on Facebook. For those that don't know, my family is spread around the U.S. with Jonathan in Iraq. My parents are in Virginia, Emily (Jonathan's wife), David and Lindsey in Arizona, Mary and Reese are in Layton, Utah (45 min south of me) and we are in Nibley (near Logan). My dad's comment was that we wouldn't leave this place even if we hit famine. My entire family misses being apart and the family gatherings. Jonathan wants to rally everyone back to Arizona. As much as I would love to have my family closer and miss the crap out of them, I know that this is where we need to be. I thought about Lehi and how he had to leave all of his possessions and tary in the wilderness. The Lord also asked that they get the brass plates from Laban. Can you imagine Sariah's scare? And Sariah had children in the wilderness. Regardless of what struggle or "hell" we go through, I know that Heavenly Father wants us just where we are. I just pray and hope that I can visit my family often. Love you guys.

3 comments:

Teresa & Dee said...

make me cry

Woodstock Family said...

You always have to go on your feelings! I too miss my family, and my dad and brother are headed to Iraq in October, and I'm already a mess about it! Family is the most important thing in the world, and it seems like every day that is emphasized more and more! My mom has been the best example for me. I asked her how she can be so calm about her husband and son leaving for war, and she said that if you have faith in the Lord, and know that everything is the Lord's will, then you are strengthened. Make the most of what you have now and remember that eternity is not far away. I feel for you! You should try Skype and get some face time with your family! It's better than nothing!

Teresa & Dee said...

Hey, I have to give my side of the story now.... And as I was getting ready for work, the spirit told me, "I'm developing their faith!" And that was that! Bye, bye feelings of sadness because I couldn't help my daughter. Nothing doubting, no more complaints, no more murmuring. The Lord is in control, so everything will be just fine!