March 26, 2009

project

I've been frustrated and jealous by watching blogs go by with before and after projects. I wanted a project of my own. And then I found this frame at the thrift store. I wasn't a 100% sure because of the hole, but I bought it anyway.




I'm not one for letting my boys keep dead bugs, but for this I made an exception. Ethan found this huge dragonfly a year ago at a neighbors. With the frame, I first filled the hole with putty. Then I hand-sanded the frame to smooth the wood. I spray painted it black. I used scrapbook paper for the back and mesh. I found the scientific name for dragonfly and antiqued the edges. It is up in the boys room.

4 comments:

Woodstock Family said...

Sara, love the creativeness! Seriously, we really need to have a girl's night out soon!

Nutty Nielsen's said...

You rock. I wish I had your talent

Teresa & Dee said...

WOW!! You did such a great job, i bet Ethan was really happy =)

Sassy said...

That is so cool...I'll bet the boys love it! I am so glad you popped back in so I could find you again...I forgot to put your name on my sidebar and then couldn't find which post you had commented on....Yeah!!!!! You're back! You are talented like your mom...lucky girl!