March 28, 2009

Projects II

For the bathroom, the towel rack was hanging by a thread... or just loose screws. I decided to take them down and put up something a little easier for the boys to hang up their towels. I bought these great rod hooks at Tai Pan for $2 each. Now each boy has his own hook with his own colored towel (Ethan blue, Isaac green and Leo white). The picture above was a long time in the making. The picture of the sailboats is a puzzle (thrift store $1.50). I had the frame it's in for about 6 years. The larger frame was another great thrift store find for $2. I spray painted it black and voila! Hung and done.




Now if you read 'Joys of Home' or 'Thrifty Decor Chick' blogs, there seems to be a trend with spray painting branches. Only I painted mine black. I bought ribbon and glue gunned it to plastic Easter eggs. It was interesting to get the ribbon to go around the egg, but it was fun and now I'm addicted to glue gunning anything!

2 comments:

Shani said...

Oh My Gosh!! I checked this out when I was at your house and loved it...I am so impressed that you did it all yourself, I had no idea it was something so simple, it looks very classy!

Sassy said...

That's my motto...IF YOU CAN'T GLUE IT...I DON'T DO IT!!!! You are very talented and I am sure your home is just wonderful!!!!